Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Tomato Update


I planted my tomato seeds two and a half weeks ago now so I thought I'd give an update on their progress. They're starting to grow foliage that resembles a tomato leaf. Until now the leaves were propeller shaped. Now there's no mistaking that they're not some freakish weed I managed to grow from the potting mix - they are definitely tomato plants!

I made the trellis with some bamboo canes from our garden and some thin wire. I wanted to get the trellis up before the seedlings grew too big. As it was I managed to squash a couple in the process! Have a look at my earlier post 'Small Beginnings' to see how much they've grown.

2 comments:

  1. Claire, Hi! How many plants are you going to keep in this container?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure, Do you think I need to space them out?
    I was going to see which ones were the strongest. Maybe four plants in this container.

    ReplyDelete