Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Around the World in 80 Gardens

Last night I stumbled upon an amazing BBC tv program called Around the World in 80 Gardens

It's basically a travel program ( obviously a play on Around the World in 80 days ) but the main focus is on Gardens and Landscape Architecture. It immediately sparked my interest and I can't wait to watch some more episodes. Last night's episode was in New Delhi in India, a place I had no previous interest in, now I want to go there!

Watch some clips from the Mexican episode :









Here is the host Monty Don talking about his book made from the series :



I especially like his statement " that gardens in the end are actually not about plants at all, they're about people "

The program airs at 8.30pm Tuesday nights on ABC1 in Perth. I think I'll be looking for the book at an ABC shop soon!

2 comments:

  1. This is great - I'll be looking for it! Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monty Don is in town on Sunday the 28th February 2010 for Perth Festival http://tiny.cc/XOXb4

    ReplyDelete