Sunday, April 19, 2009

Perth Garden Week 2009

One of the highlights of my gardening year is our annual Perth Garden Week at Perry Lakes. I think it's important for me to keep up to date with local Landscaping products and trends so I can pass this information on to my clients. Garden week gives me an opportunity to do this and have a bit of fun at the same time!

With gardens becoming smaller designers need to work with vertical spaces as well as horizontal ones. For this reason, wall art is becoming very popular. This beautiful piece was on show at the Miaflora Garden Centre display. These have now been sold but the nursery are planning on ordering some more in 3 to 4 weeks time. If you're interested the Nursery is located on Karragullen St Inglewood Ph. 9397 5518.

Another stunning wall mounted art work at the entrance of Zanthorrea Nursery's exhibit.

A new addition to this years show was 8 display gardens designed by the newly formed WALDA ( Western Australian Landscape Design Association ) members. These were definitely the most interesting part of the show for me.


' Villa Marrakesh ' a Moroccan style courtyard by WALDA designers. This one has really made good use of the available space with planter boxes, water feature, day bed, curtains and themed accessories. These elements made for a very inviting space indeed.

The Water Feature was supplied by The Complete Garden in Joondalup.

Agave and Sanseveria in a planter box with a decorative screen behind.

Steps leading up to a mysterious doorway creates an illusion of a larger space beyond. Garden week is on until this Tuesday the 21st of April. Here are some more of my favourite exhibitors : Gardener's Direct, Paradise Gazebos, Outdoor Decor

7 comments:

  1. Lovely ideas for a garden. Beautiful. I always like garden shows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - I love that branch cut into the rusted steel...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire, thanks for taking us to that show! I love the purple door!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photos! I'm planning a little renovation in my own garden soon and am going to introduce some wall art. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think these gardens are really cool and im deffantly going to use them for my inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ceri Wagnell Botanic BlueprintSeptember 28, 2009 at 6:59 PM

    It's great to see my design on your blogspot. I was one of the designers for Villa Marrakesh and it was lovely to meet so many lovely people at Garden Week. I'm looking forward to doing it all again next year.

    Ceri Wagnell Botanic Blueprint Landscape Design

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Ceri. I'm now a WALDA member myself and looking forward to being involved in next years garden week too.

    ReplyDelete