Monday, May 18, 2009

May Blooms

It was Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day on the 15th of May so let's have a look at what's happening in our garden even if it is a few days late...


Both varieties of Hibiscus are now flowering, including this pink double. I've been having some more problems with aphids again that I tackled with some 'tomato leaf spray' . It's too early to tell if this has worked yet.


The Rosemary I planted last month must be happy in its new pot because it's covered in pretty pale purple flowers. Apparently it's ok to use the flowering sprigs in cooking ( according to this Episode of Master Chef ) Our Rosemary is actually getting smaller because we are using it faster than it has time to grow!


This Arctotis flower was a nice surprise because I wasn't expecting any more flowers until next spring. It must be all the sunshine we've been having lately.



Our Firecracker Plant is always in flower and requires little maintenance. I quite like the way it spills of the edge of the paving although some gardeners would consider it messy.



Another new addition to the garden that is doing well. These Thai Chillies have produced an abundance of fruit. So far we've cooked Chilli Con Carne and made Chilli and Garlic Olives with these. Both were eaten too quickly to be photographed!



My Tomato plant looks like it's trying really hard to produce fruit. The first tomato grew to about 1cm before a caterpillar ate through it! I'm now using a chilli and garlic spray in an attempt to deter bugs. I haven't seen any recent activity so fingers crossed...


And finally, my bulbs are up! So stay posted for some progress on these. Click to see what was flowering in our garden in March.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I thought it was a peony on the first foto!Beautiful!
    Rosemary is supposed to be an easy plant, but I don't have any luck with it. Yours looks happy!

    ReplyDelete